SCRAPPILY YOURS

"If I had only one thing to tell the world,it would be to love.
Blessed are those who understand what miracles love can accomplish, for it is the power of love that makes all dreams a reality."
---Music Composer/Perfomer Medhi

Thursday, August 23, 2007

GADS

I really am a horrible blogger anymore! I keep meaning to do it daily and know I want to do it daily but somehow it just escapes me!!!! Shame on me!!!!!
This past month has been a trip to say the least! Between grandchildren and a hubby I am not sure who I am these days!! DH got hurt at work the end of July and we have gone without even his work comp paycheck til this week when he finally got his first one and he went back to work on light duty monday..go figure! Course that made it a million times harder to pay bills and get the essentials so did get some new kits and some actions/scripts up to see if that will help some. Will post previews here in a few.

Our "Cat" as her pappy calls her seems to be going thru some real issues...Now keep in mind this munchkin is going on 9 now but THINKS she is much older of course. For some reason she is in the phase of pitting her divorced parents and her stepmom and making them nuts which results in extremely late(like 1am and long (like3 hours) phone calls from her stepmother because this little rugrat will not go to sleep no matter what we do! It all got bad when she was in her cast after her surgery in the spring and it's gotten worse and now is to the poing we are all ready to throw up our hands! She admitted she does not want her daddy to go to work despite the conversations he has had with her explaining why he must work, despite her loving stepmother's attempts of bribery to threats and nothing works until she goes and calls Cat's mom and she goes and gets her. Now Miss Cat has decided she wanted to go live with her mommy ( my daughter) except when Daddy is off work which was okayed by both mom and dad and respective stepparents. HOWEVER this seems to not have solved her issues as she now takes total hissy fits when she goes back to dad's and he has to go to work. So much so I got angry and I NEVER get mad at my grands but I sure was at 1am the other night and drove to their house and basically flew up the stairs..Her eyes about popped out of her head as Nana does not get mad at her and Nana does not do stairs lol. I sure did that night! To make a long story short she ended up going home with her mom yet again but the topper was that when her daddy talked to her two days later she denied any of it even happening!!!!!!! I only know right now that our precious child has some problems and we need to seek some other help for her as she is now also wetting the bed which is another sign of something is not right! Her dr. saw her and she does have an Upper Respiratory Infection which can account for some of her tantrums due to not feeling good but it does not explain her total behavior change and issues. He gave us the names of two wonderful child counselors so hopefully we can get to the bottom of what may be troubling her. She is well taken care, loved alot and none of us totally get what is going thru her little mind but keeping her in our prayers and with some help maybe we can get answers!

We spent almost 10 days with little to no phone service thanks to a storm and some crossed lines! I about choaked the phone co customer rep the day I had enough and called them..I got a well it did storm and sometimes that messes things up! DUHHHHHHHHH I know that except for one thing...Our Phone lines are UNDERGROUND and that did not explain the constant static and the ability for me to listen to my neighbor's phone calls from the apartment across from me! She could hear me as well lol ...good thing we are friendly and we knew each other's voices! When they finally sent the service guy here a week later mind you it turns out all our lines were carroded in the outside terminal box and once he fixed that the static was gone BUT in the process it crossed lines and all our phone calls were being forwarded to someone about 5 miles away on the other side of the big Highway!!! How they didn't know but it took all day and 4 service dudes to finally sort it out! The lady on the other end was none too nice either to them or us and kept hanging up on the phone co when they tried to explain what was going on..talk about RUDE! It seems to be mostly okay now but when we got MORE rain again tonite i got some crap on the line again so guess who is getting a phone call again tomorrow?

I am long winded YEP sure I am ..am really wound up tonite lol.
Lets see what esle..well we have had our Em here for a week..her mother said she was being sent to FL for work and even tho we have suspicions she may be elsewhere like in jail we can't prove it so accept that for now. Last Thurs night Em was at a friends and jumping on their trampolline and managed to get tangled in the net twist her arm and strained/sprained her shoulder. When she got to cheer practice her coach called me as she is a family friend and wanted to let me know about it as they could not reach Em's mother YET AGAIN! I advised Em to call me if she got home and her mom still was not there which she did and was crying as she was hurting pretty badly. I drove the 20 mins to her house to find her mom STILL not there and not answering her cellphone. This woman has had her car impounded and has no phone in the house and leaves her 11yr old daughter to fend for herself..THIS IS JUST WRONG! The people at CYS see nothing wrong with it but we sure do! No child should have to be afraid every day when she goes to bed and nobody is there! The more I talk about it the madder I get I guess. I took her to the ER with the help of her aunt(my daughter) and my daughter was able to finally reach Em's mother who showed up at the ER as we were done! Let's see that was over 8 hours from when someone first tried to reach her to tell her Em was hurt! What if Em did not have me to call what then? I so worry and my son (her daddy) worries himself sick over it but we cannot make CYS understand the turmoil this has put this child in!

Gaw I really am on a roll aren't I!!!! I guess I am just plain TIRED and fed up with things over which I have no control..with the lack of common sense in people...with the lack of responsibility for their actions....with the uncaring, unloving parenting I see around me sometimes...with the system that allows it.....with alot of other crap and it finally has gotten to me.

If you read this far thanks for letting me vent lol. SOmetimes just venting helps ya know!

0 comments: