SCRAPPILY YOURS

"If I had only one thing to tell the world,it would be to love.
Blessed are those who understand what miracles love can accomplish, for it is the power of love that makes all dreams a reality."
---Music Composer/Perfomer Medhi

Monday, January 29, 2007

Point of View

I am sitting here trying to decide just how to vent! About what? Television ads!
I am a HUGE CSI fan and not only enjoy the new episodes but do look for the reruns on various tv stations. While I realize that commercials pay for networks or stations the recent rash of commercials that I find downright disrespectful and/or inappropriate on some of them just has me seeing red. The sad part is I don't know who to complain to or even if they care! I am so sick of seeing the commercials for "girls gone wild" version whatever..IF I WANTED to see some chic's chest flashed into my face I would rent a movie. I sure as bloody heck do not care to see it in the middle of a tv program! Nor do I want to see commercials for the guy call me guy hookup lines coming out of some stations in the larger cities. Sorry folks..there has to be a line someplace and it does not have a place on regular TV! Seeing a commercial with some chic (some of which do not look like they are 18 let alone 21!) fondling the girls on camera or licking her lips or kissing another chic while in their undies is just NOT what I need to see on a tv commercial! I am no prude dangit--I am a grown married adult with kids and grandkids and have been around the block but this is just WRONG on so many levels. Is there that much of a shortage of advertisers out there that these tv stations feel the need to air this kind of trash? What about the families who have munchkins that sneak awake in the middle of the night and think they are turning on cartoons and flip thru channels and see this garbage? THEY grow up fast enough without it being shoved in their faces too! I dozed off mid show one night and was awakened by a commercial of a guy calling another guy on a commercial for a male phoneline thing..Joy oh joy just what I wanted to see! NOT! Christmas morning I counted no less than 10 commercials for the girls gone wild videotapes during one hour of programming! THIS IS beyond RIDICULOUS! All I wanted was to watch a rerun of a show I had missed and what I got was alot of extra added trash I didn't care to see tyvm! I am not saying you need to agree with me I am venting --I am just sick of it. I remember why I stopped watching TV for awhile! Makes me wonder if I want to just dump it all together sometimes! Maybe those who just have a tv to watch movies they rent have the right idea. No commercials and no trash unless it's waht you want. I know they can't please everyone but have some standards for heaven's sake! Keep the trash where it belongs..in the trashcan! Just my two cents.

0 comments: