SCRAPPILY YOURS

"If I had only one thing to tell the world,it would be to love.
Blessed are those who understand what miracles love can accomplish, for it is the power of love that makes all dreams a reality."
---Music Composer/Perfomer Medhi

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Changes

Well I finally made up my mind the other day to chop off all my hair! I have let my hair grow and grow over the past two years mainly because I am afraid of losing it as the Lupus causes some hair loss but it just had gotten to be way too long and way too hard to care for. I took my tush to the local beauty school as my daughter loves the one girl there and she does a beautiful job on hers so figured hey why not! It costs only 5.50 for a shampoo and cut/style so hey how can you go wrong! While they were registering me the teacher said would you consider donating your hair to locks of love and it took me all of 2 seconds to say yes by all means! They measured it and they cut off almost a foot of hair!!!!!!!!!! Who Knew!!!!!!!!!! LOL. Needless to say I feel alot lighter hahaha..if only it worked that way! Ewww tho all that was left was black and white and while it may look good on some people I had naturally dark auburn most of my life so it shook me a bit! I do love the hair cut and it's really easy to take care of and does not get all tangled up in my CPAP machine like it was doing despite the ponytail i would put it in! the end result was that I did not even have to pay for the haircut! Talk about bargains for a good cause! Of course yesterday i promptly went and got some lady clariol and am back to my redheaded self :-)


If you don't know what locks of love is here is a link: http://www.locksoflove.org/
They weave wigs for children who are cancer victims so it was well worth it in my humble opinion! Maybe i will get brave and post a pic but don't count on it..i hate my own pic being taken lol.
K off to bed it's 1am and just talked to my sis Marsi for an hour and think I better hit the bed.
Have a great weekend and if you are a sports fan (wink wink)


From Scrappily Yours

GO STEELERS SUPERBOWL HERE WE COME!

Superbowl XLIII~Sunday February 1st,2009
in Tampa, Florida at Raymond James Stadium
Superbowl will be covered on FOXKick Off time is APPROX 6:18PM ET

The Pittsburgh Steelers and The Arizona Cardinals

2 comments:

Lissa Ballard said...

girlfriend! I can't wait to see my bestest with her new cut. Please get RoyBoy to take a pic and share. Marci, Lisa - all of us! We wanna see!!

Love you chickie...
Lis

Lissa Ballard said...

BTW - GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and lest I forget AGAIN - I LOVE the new blog look.... fantabulous!

Love you most!
YAYA!
Lis

Hugs to everyone - I sure miss you guys!