SCRAPPILY YOURS

"If I had only one thing to tell the world,it would be to love.
Blessed are those who understand what miracles love can accomplish, for it is the power of love that makes all dreams a reality."
---Music Composer/Perfomer Medhi

Friday, January 09, 2009

Devasting News

Well it has been awhile since I updated this hasn't it! We got some devasting news that our precious 6yr old step greatgrandson has been diagnosed with cancer this morning...we are all in shock, in tears, in anger and feel totally devastated! I know that there have been great and wonderful strides in the care of children with cancer but NOT enough from what I have read tonight. I don't know yet exactly what type of cancer it is nor the dr's plan of treatment as they were on their way home from Pittsburgh the last I spoke with my daughter. I just need to ask any and all of you to put him and the family in all your prayers, your blessings, your thoughts or what you happen to believe in! His name is Alex and is such a joy to everyone and we could not love him more if he was a true greatgrand. He calls me Nana, he calls my daughter grandma..he IS family maybe not by blood but by love. Will update more later when I can think clearer and not cry quite so much.

0 comments: