SCRAPPILY YOURS

"If I had only one thing to tell the world,it would be to love.
Blessed are those who understand what miracles love can accomplish, for it is the power of love that makes all dreams a reality."
---Music Composer/Perfomer Medhi

Friday, May 05, 2006

Sisters and M-I-L moment



Working on some more older photos. This one of my baby sister and me is one I simply love and it did have some water damage for some reason(still don't know how or why it got it!)but was able to use the makeup brush in psp x to elminate most of the problem areas! What a great tool it is! I still stick to psp 7 most of the time but finding psp x and pscs to be wonderful and the more I learn the more I will probably be using them. At any rate used Lianne Carper's Vanity Lace Kit from 3 Scrapateers and just love the kit! The charm alpha is beautiful..took the hanger off the ones I used in our names and replaced it with the bow I cut out from the locket to match up with the locket. I love the rich look of this kit it rocks! I love Lianne's work! The sisters button was blank and just used the font she used to make it myself and came as close as I could on the gold setting for it.

Have so many photos we went thru the other nite and dh and I had a couple good giggles at his departed mom's expense bless her. I had a wonderful mother in law who I loved dearly so it was nothing bad. I came across an envelope with some letters and photos in it from someone she was dating when she met dh's dad and they turned out to be love letters from this young fellow and some pics he had sent her. We both laughed so hard as on the back of one the pics his mom had written that he had surprised her with a visit from NJ when dh's dad happened to be there and that was the last she heard from the fellow from NJ ..wondered why??? ROTFL .. his mom was a hoot when you got her going but normally she was quite proper around people and everyone who knew her loved her! It just tickeled us both at her comments and the fact she had saved those few love letters all those years. We lost her just before our son had his daughter Emily who is named after dhs' mom but we still miss her to this day in the little things. Will have to see about scrapping these things without revealing too much hahaha.

1 comments:

Maddy said...

Hey Jolene, I love the old photos! That's an awesome LO! Have a nice day!