SCRAPPILY YOURS

"If I had only one thing to tell the world,it would be to love.
Blessed are those who understand what miracles love can accomplish, for it is the power of love that makes all dreams a reality."
---Music Composer/Perfomer Medhi

Monday, May 01, 2006

Word of Caution

I recently had purchased a few things here and there at some different digital stores. I am finally able to actually try to get myself back on track layout wise so naturally unzipped them and went to use some of them. Something just did not seem right however ..they looked rather small on my layout and the site where I purchased them is supposedly a leader of digi scrapping so it of course surprised me! I went and looked and they do not create theirs at 300 dpi which is what I use and what most of my kits are and what most of the ones I have bought or gotten are. Now I know there is the controversary over the difference in 200 and 300 being neglible but in all honesty I SEE a difference! I was extremely disappointed with the size of these elements on my page and in one case they were all shadowed totally and shadowed in a way that is dark which I did not want! The previews did not show the shadow but was on a black background so of course I did not see the shadows before purchasing. If I had I certainly would NOT have bought them! There is nothing in the description that states they are shadowed so I had NO way to know! Some things I don't mind if they are shadowed but in this case I did not know ahead of time! Needless to say I doubt I will use them anytime soon if at all. Just a word to the wise don't be dumb like me and assume ..ask the store first before you purchase elements and kits if you can't tell from the description or preview! No I will not name names..and yes I am contacting the store. Just felt like I should speak up so others remember to check as I got in the habit of trusting where I buy or get normally for quality etc and just assumed that other places were on the same mindset but found out not all of them are.

2 comments:

BoozetteScrappy said...

Showing some love from a fellow Divine Design member. Thank you for sharing a part of you.

Veronica said...

What a bummer!!