SCRAPPILY YOURS

"If I had only one thing to tell the world,it would be to love.
Blessed are those who understand what miracles love can accomplish, for it is the power of love that makes all dreams a reality."
---Music Composer/Perfomer Medhi

Thursday, August 17, 2006

So what is up with me wellllllllll...............

Right about now I am seeing RED can you tell! Things for my family are never dull that's for sure! My dear sister's grandson has gone thru a horrid trauma this week stemming from his mother! It seems this dear little boy has been beaten in the head and kicked not ONLY by HIS MOTHER but her parents as well! His daddy just married my niece and had him alternating weeks but now he and my niece have him full time as DSS stepped in as they saw what had happened and have issued restraining orders on the mother and her parents and criminal charges will surely follow. NO CHILD should ever have to go thru what this adoreable little guy has been apparently suffering for some time. I cannot go into details here for obvious reasons but my sister, his daddy and my niece (his stepmom) are beside themselves. We are all thankful it's been found out and does explain why he was having headaches so much of late and why he hated getting his hair washed when they had him as he said it hurt to wash his hair. Now anyone with kids know that children go thru stages but this was different and he suffered what the trauma therapist says is a meltdown/panic attack type thing several times last weekend ..bad enough that the pediatrican saw it himself and immediately knew there was a definite problem!
The little guy is safe and secure with his daddy and stepmom and his paternal grandparents and my sister now but please ...whatever higher power you believe in say a few prayers to keep this precious child safe! I WILL NEVER understand any parent beating on their kids let alone a little one of just 5. Frankly I hope they lock up his mom and throw away the key that is how angry I am and it takes alot to get me that mad trust me! I am usually my true Libra self and like harmony but this is just so out there it made me physically ill just hearing the details from the dr's reports and therapist report. My niece is a wonderful stepmom and loves this child and his daddy is an awsome young man who is beating himself up mentally for not seeing it and protecting him ..HE had no way to know until the lil guy just apparently could not take it anymore.

On another ave my son also has filed for full custody of his oldest daughter as we have found some things about her mother with drugs, alcohol and police warrants that are no good! So we have 2 lives we are battling emotionally to keep kids safe. WHY do parents who do not care about their little ones insist on keeping them only to abuse them in one way or another? I JUST don't get it! There are loving people in this world who would be happy for a child and would not mistreat them!
SOrry am way up on my soapbox (cane and all lol) but can't help myself so forgive my rambling.
Thanks for putting up with me :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know my heart goes out to all these little ones and the ones who TRULY love them like they deserve to be loved. Jo, it breaks my heart to know what these sweet little people have been through.

Hugs and love and lots of prayers to everyone for many many healed scars and awesome tomorrows where they know the love they deserve.

xoxo,
Lis

Anonymous said...

BTW - LOVE this video clip and MAN what a voice!!!!! I've nearly memorized the song - I keep playing it over and over -

HUGS
Me