SCRAPPILY YOURS

"If I had only one thing to tell the world,it would be to love.
Blessed are those who understand what miracles love can accomplish, for it is the power of love that makes all dreams a reality."
---Music Composer/Perfomer Medhi

Monday, August 04, 2008

Scary Moments

I had quite a scare a bit ago. I was sitting here working on a kit when I heard voices outside and someone yelling for help and recognized my one neighbor's voice. Ran as fast as these old legs would take me down the steps and out the door to find her sobbing hysterically and holding her brand new grandson of 5 days not breathing. The baby's mother was in hysterics and daddy was on the phone with 911 who were not coming nearly fast enough! I went to her and tried with her to get the lil guy breathing hollering at them to run up and get my next door neighbor who is a paramedic and one of the 911 directors. We beat on their door all the while trying to get Zach to breathe and he did take one gaspy one and i could hear him whimper a bit but he just stopped again and his lips were turning blue. Our neighbor's wife did hear us and got him fast and he grabbed the baby and did a fast mouth to mouth and got him breathing again and he let out a huge wail much to my relief. Grandma and mom were still in sobbing mode naturally but did get them to realize he was okay and awake and looking at them. Meantime the ambulance and police got to the complex only to go to the wrong area. We could see their lights but they were not where they could get to us so the daddy tossed me the phone and he ran as fast as i ever saw anyone run to where they were and the paramedic and emt came back with him. Bern did have the baby breathing and doing okay but they naturally grabbed him and mommy up and took them into the ambulance and made sure he was stable and that mom was okay and then came back to check on grandma as well before taking them all to the ER to make sure things are okay. I am still shaking and while he is not my grandbaby it felt like it was! To see that lil precious face turning blue terrified us all. Apparently he has apnea which two of my grandchildren had as babies and i can remember how scary it was! Hopefully they will put zach on an apnea monitor like ours was on! Keep them in your thoughts and prayers and will update when grandma comes home and I hear how things are!

0 comments: