SCRAPPILY YOURS

"If I had only one thing to tell the world,it would be to love.
Blessed are those who understand what miracles love can accomplish, for it is the power of love that makes all dreams a reality."
---Music Composer/Perfomer Medhi

Monday, April 17, 2006

The Girls and a Long Vent








We got some pics of our Livy since she moved to NZ and I love the grin on her face! She wears a uniform to school there so for a little girl who loves clothes I am sure this was quite a change for her lol. She looks so great tho and when we have talked to her she sounds her normal happy self so I think the move has gone well so far. I know she is well taken care of as her mother is a good one but oh how we miss our "Dutch" as her pappy calls her. It was so good to see her smiling face and her mom had some other photos so will be scrapping them I hope when things are calm here.

Our Newest Little Easter Star was all dolled up for Easter and her mommy took some awsome pics as you can see! I can't resist showing her off in her Easter finery :-) and with her bunny we got her that is wearing ducky slippers! Her smile is one that just melts our hearts and she is a "pappy's" girl as she just jabbers to him a mile a minute and laughs as soon as she sees him!












CAUTION THE NEXT IS A LONG RANT AND I WON'T BE OFFENDED IF YOU DON'T READ IT! I JUST NEED TO GET IT OFF MY CHEST!

On to a frustration note and if you don't want to read my vent then stop here lol.
As some know my dh had what the dr thinks was a mini stroke about two weeks ago and we had an appt on Good Friday for 3 tests at a local hospital. To backtrack the day we were at the dr's after the nite in the ER his normal secretary had taken the day off so there was a "temp" there filling in who totally ticked me off because she was just plain "dumb". Sorry there is no other way to put it! If you are going to send a temp to a dr. office the least one can do is make sure she knows SOME medical terminology and at least the process that goes on in a dr. office! She had no clue that day and it took her almost an hour just to schedule the appts for him.

Now keep in mind that our family dr of 30 some years retired two years ago and we continued with his replacement as we do like him alot. His sec and nurse stayed with our new dr so we have known them for years and they know us. At any rate (and yes I AM RAMBLING because I am still astounded!) we got to the hospital on Friday spent almost two hours there while they searched high and low for dh's orders! Of course his office was closed so nobody was in but they do have a service that goes to the nurse connection at the big hospital here. HOWEVER the reg clerk was filling in for the registration clerk we know and who I TRAINED 10 years ago so know she knows her job. The substitute one had no clue where to look so told her which she did and all the depts had dh on their list for the test to be done but NOBODY had the actual orders. Meanwhile this clerk is yawning every five seconds and looks like she hadn't washed her hair in days. Sorry I have no patience with that. I worked that hospital for 10 years and part of my job was training their registration people and if any one of them had done that I would have had her butt in a sling! (SEE TOLD YOU THIS WAS A LONG RANT and I am not done yet lol).

The upshot was she said well we can't do it without the orders which I know is true so we did not get the tests done and wasted our entire morning there! WHEN I got home I was fuming so called the dr. office and talked to the nurse connection just because I needed to have my say. IT seems that had the reg clerk stayed on the phone longer and talked to one of them THEY would have contacted our dr and faxed the orders over so we could have had them done! AND it seems the reg clerks are taught this nowadays but ours apparently chose not to do so! The nurse there apologized and even offered to call the hsptl and see if they could get us back in that day but by then we were both wiped out and dh had no sleep as we had gone there as soon as he got off work in the morning but did write down all I told them and was sending a note to the dr so he would have it by this morning.

SOOOOOOOOOOO this morning I call the dr. office and got another temp! It seems the big hospital that bought out all the others around here and now has taken over many of the dr. offices is closing our dr's office and he is going to a different practice and his girls are out of a job! I AM SO ANGRY I COULD SPIT! (THAT is another long story for another day!) At any rate I told this temp the whole story and she said well I think that was me and I made his appointments. I said and just what happend to his paperwork/orders. SHE COMES BACK WITH "What orders? All I do is make the appointment!" I explained to her excuse me you have to fax the orders to the appropriate facility! She again comes back with "How was I supposed to know that?" I just wanted to crawl thru the phone and shake some sense into her!

....EXCUSE ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does anyone else see something wrong with this?First of all if you are going to work there you should know the basics and secondly you DO NOT TELL A PATIENT that EVER!!!!!!!!!!

All in all I am NOT happy and so stressed I could just scream. I had chest pains and naseua off and on for the entire weekend and while we had a wonderful Easter with our family at my son's it just spoiled alot of my humor. His tests are reset for this upcoming Friday and I will be on the phone belive me to make sure the orders got there and to the Supervisor who put that clerk there and to the person who put that temp at my dr office . Not that it will make any difference I know but PEOPLE need to step up and do their jobs correctly.

YES this is long and I apologize if I have offended anyone as that is not my intent I am just mad as a wet hen. Had I not been in the business for almost 20 years and didn't know what is proper and not proper maybe I would be more tolerant but I doubt it since it is all common sense. I worked in hospitals and dr offices all over this country either training or in the finance side of things and I just have had it with slipshod attitudes and people who should be doing other jobs since they apparently have no job integrity.

My rant is done and yes I feel better lol so it was worth it.
Happier posts later in the week I promise! :-)

0 comments: